Horry County CAST Coalition
The Horry County CAST Coalition is a group of individuals who represent a variety of professional and social groups which have come together to problem solve and make improvements to our community. For more information on how you can become involved, please contact Jessie Marlowe, Prevention Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palmetto Retailer’s Education Program (PREP)
The Palmetto Retailer’s Education Program (PREP) is a short course that helps reduce underage access to alcohol and tobacco products in our communities, while lowering the liability risks for businesses and their employees. PREP is available for managers and servers/sellers in all 46 counties in South Carolina.
Approved by the Department of Revenue and the Department of Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Services, PREP is the only merchant education program available in South Carolina that covers all of the following:
- Off-Premise Alcohol Sales Practices
- On-Premise Alcohol Sales Practices
- Tobacco Sales Practices
- Development of Manager/Supervisor Sales policies
To schedule a class for your business, contact our Prevention Coordinator at 843-365-8884.
Challenge Ropes Course
Shoreline’s Challenge Ropes Course is designed to promote and develop cooperation, communication, trust, and problem solving skills. We have a variety of low ropes and high ropes elements that help individuals overcome fears, anxiety, insecurities, depression, and anti-social behavior. Whether you are a school group, corporate office, or somewhere in-between, we have a program for you! The goal of our program is to educate participants on substance use and abuse, and transfer learnings from the ropes course to their everyday lives. Our course is operated by a team of facilitators that are certified and well trained. For more information about our ropes course please contact our Prevention Coordinator, Jessie Marlowe, at email@example.com or at 843-365-8884 ext. 244.
Additional Community Primary Prevention Activities:
- Certified Prevention Specialists coordinate and/or deliver community education through group presentations and participation in health fairs. There are programs designed for individual skill development to raise the awareness of individuals who are regarded as being at a higher risk of being in conditions that have been linked to an increased risk of substance abuse or addiction.
- Certified Prevention Specialists work to foster partnerships and collaborative efforts that increase the factors that lessen the likelihood of substance abuse or addiction.
- Contact the SBHS Prevention Department at 843.365.8884 ext. 244.